Are you in the process of starting your business?
Or perhaps you have a business that's up and running, but not yet delivering the results you'd like.
This Fast-Start Guide to starting a business in 10 Easy Steps might give you the guidance you need...
The Fast-Start Guide to Starting a Business
1. Have an idea and jump straight in. Snooze you lose!
2. Invest in an impressive looking website.
3. Get business cards and give them to as many people as possible.
4. Create a perfect first product/service.
5. Don’t worry about a plan, you’ve got a rough idea so that’s fine for now.
6. You’ve been working for several years already, so don’t worry about upgrading your skills or hiring a coach – you’re smart, you can figure this out.
7. Send a link to your website to everyone you know – no need to explain what your business is about, or why they should take a look, they will naturally want to support you : )
8. Slash your prices to encourage lots of buyers – everyone loves a bargain.
9. Sell your product/service to everyone – I mean, who wouldn’t want to buy it?!
10. Post at least one pic about your business on social media every day, then sit back and watch the customers roll in!.
Ta da! You're in business!
Stop - Not so Fast!!!
Starting your business this way is sure-fire way to FAIL! Yet sadly I see so many entrepreneurs adopting this approach.
I understand why, often we take note what others have done to look for clues on how we too can succeed. The trouble is, you are often looking at a finished product - you aren't seeing the thousands of steps, the dozens of mistakes, the many many hours of hard work that has gone on behind the scenes that has caused someone to become successful.
Plus, we all know that 'All that glitters ain't gold'. In todays online world, what you see and perceive to be reality, and the actual truth can be very different. Many businesses that look successful are actually failing as they've invested all their profit in making sure you get that impression.
So, how do you avoid these traps?
Well, here's what I believe to be a better way to build and run your business. The great news is that it's also faster, cheaper, more satisfying. Oh, and it actually works!
The Better Way to Build Your Business
1. Take time to explore your idea and build a clear Vision
2. Explore your Ideal Client and how can you add value to their lives in meaningful ways that are unique to you and inline with your values.
3. Slow down and engage in conversations with your Ideal Clients to test your ideas, start meaningful relationships and build trust and credibility.
The trick to running a successful business with integrity is to slow down. When you stop and think, and take time to engage with clients, you make better decisions and generate more value. Click To Tweet
4. Create a Offer and Client Journey that has integrity, i.e. it is in full alignment with your values and your clients real needs. Then test this within your chosen niche.
5. Develop inspiring goals, backed by clear plans and milestones. Link all your goals to your dreams, the value you want to create and who you are becoming. Without doing this, you'll drift in your business, struggle to get focus, and you'll be unlikely to take the right consistent actions.
6. Upgrade your skills and mindset. What got you here, won't get you there. Hiring a coach or mentor will help you get where you are going faster, and ensure you don't waste your efforts or resources on doing the wrong things. With a coach by your side, you'll achieve your goals faster, while also enjoying personal growth and fulfilment. (HINT: I'm a business coach and mentor - am I right for you and your business? Find out by booking a free Clarity Call).
7. Build your website once you are clear about your market and your offer. If you don't have an eCommerce business, you will save a lot of time and money developing a website after you have already served several clients; only then will you know what you are really selling and what people value most about your business.
8. Set prices that are adapted to your market, offer and brand. Beware of setting low prices and discounts unless you are offering a low quality, high volume product. Don't be frightened to charge high prices if your quality and service warrant it, there are always people for whom your prices are too high.
9. Tailor your product, business model, communications and marketing to your ideal client. Not everyone is a good match for your product or service. Remember success in business is about creating loyal clients and customers over creating sales.
10. Social media is a tool that can be used to help you build your brand, position your products and engage with your ideal audience. Use it to create exceptional value while showcasing your expertise, start conversations and build relationships - the first step in the sales process.
Step-by-Step Guide to Business Success
My Dream Clients Blueprint program has been designed to help you build a business you love, consistently attract and convert your ideal clients, and grow into a confident entrepreneur.
This 12-week online training and coaching program guides you step-by-step as you:
- Become the entrepreneur and business owner you dream of,
- Align your business to your strengths and values,
- Build your Business and marketing Skills and Strategy,
- Develop your Products and Pricing strategy,
- Design your Personal Brand,
- Know exactly what to say to turn prospects into clients,
- Master your Mindset and Confidence.
What you get...
- 12 weekly of video lessons delivered online for you to follow at your own convenience.
- 12 comprehensive workbooks to help you apply lessons to your own business
- 12 weekly Live coaching calls to give you personal guidance and support as you follow the program and build your business.
- 12 weekly online co-working sessions to help you build your business with like-minded business owners and with the support of an experienced business coach.
- Turbo Calls. Use these 15-min calls any time you feel stuck to help you get going again and flow towards your goals with greater ease.
- PLUS, for the first time, I'm also introducing 3 dedicated Mindset Mastery Coaching sessionswith renown behaviourist and high-performance expert Lynda Heffernan of www.akaizenmind.com. She'll help you master your mindset, reprogram your limiting beliefs, and create a deep sense of fulfilment and possibility.
If this program sounds like it could be for you, book a call with me and we'll discuss where you are today versus where you want to be, we'll look at what's standing between you and success, and determine whether or not this is the right program for you.
To book your call, reply to this message or click here to book.
You May Also Enjoy…